Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Broccoli Salad




















I bought a lot of broccoli on sale last week. I noticed yesterday that it was still sitting in the crisper drawer, staring back at me. There was too much to just steam and eat plain (obviously I am the only one in my household who eats broccoli...), so I knew I had to take drastic measures. This called for some...broccoli salad!! I made up my recipe as I went along, using ingredients I had sitting around.
Broccoli Salad

4-5 cups broccoli (350 grams), cut into bite-size pieces
6 tbsp lite southwest ranch salad dressing
2 tbsp chipotle mayo
1/4 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together and enjoy! Use any combination of salad dressings or mayo or nuts or dried fruit to create your own unique broccoli salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment