Monday, June 25, 2012

Spinach Smoothie



Want to try those green superfood spinach smoothie recipes you've been seeing online, but kinda scared to? It sounds much grosser than it tastes, really. I like spinach, and I was still leery about making a smoothie with it. But I gave it a whirl (literally) and it turned out surprisingly well! It really just tasted like the fruits I added in - the banana, orange, and blueberry.

You can't even taste the spinach at all, so it doesn't give it a weird flavor or aftertaste. You could also add protein powder if you desire, but I didn't this time. I like that you use 4 whole cups of spinach for this smoothie and you barely even notice that you're eating spinach at all (just the weird color!).
 
 

I found a recipe through a popular pinboard website here and changed it a little, to my liking (or so I hoped...haha). This recipe makes one large serving (341 calories).

Spinach Smoothie

4 cups fresh baby spinach
3/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana
1 orange

Stuff everything in the blender, add some water, and blend until smooth. Pour into a big glass and enjoy!

Don't let the green faze you...it's delicious!
(The specks are the blueberries, not the spinach)


I am definitely going to keep this recipe handy - it is super easy to throw together, SO good for you, and very yummy as well!







No comments:

Post a Comment