Monday, June 18, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Protein Cookies

I have been on the quest to find a decent-tasting, somewhat healthy protein bar/breakfast cookie sort of thing I can make, that is easy to grab for breakfast. I have tried several that were super crumbly or just tasted like...sawdust. Not really how I want to start my day!

I just made these yesterday, and I tried one, and they are much better than any other ones I have made so far. They are a bit weird-shaped, becasue the liquid kind of drained to the bottom of each cookie and made a little lip at the bottom. I found the recipe on food.com (as I usually do) and modified it a little (as I usually do). You can see the original recipe here.
Oatmeal Raisin Protein Cookies
Yield: About 16 cookies

2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients together. The mixture should be like sticky cookie dough, not crumbly or sopping wet. (Add more milk if too dry or more protein powder if too wet). Make balls using about 1 1/2 tbsp of dough for each. Place onto parchent- or silicone-lined cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Let sit on cookie sheet 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.

Nutrition facts: 107 calories each, 4.6 grams of protein each
(I had 3 for breakfast, so 320 calories total and 13.8 grams of protein total)

No comments:

Post a Comment