Friday, August 3, 2012

Fitness Friday Update


Unrelated but nice picture of Seattle for you all














I have been working out almost every day for the last month or so. I go on the treadmill first thing in the morning (5 AM...yuck) for 50-85 minutes (burning around 400-600 calories), depending on if I also have yoga that day or not. Some days it feels really easy and some days it is the last thing I want to do...but I try to do it anyway. I have really noticed improvements in how long and far I can run at a time - I started running 5 minutes at a time (in between fast walking and incline) and now I am up to 10 minute intervals. Which is impressive given that I may or may not be sleep-running at that ungodly hour. Haha.

I don't know how to calculate body fat percentage, but I know it has gone down and I have more muscle and less fat than before. The hot yoga classes are really helping in getting the rest of me in better shape too. I am usually sore the next day, so I know it's doing something. I notice that my balance is improving slightly (I'm not quite as wobbly, though I still can't do poses with my eyes closed with wavering...lol)
Overall, I feel good. There is always room for improvement, but I'm probably in the best shape I've ever been in, so that's a good start. I might as well be in good shape while I am still young...well, my birthday is next month...haha!

Interesting Links:

How much exercise should we get? CDC Guidelines for Adults


No comments:

Post a Comment